Re: the talk tonight

Bhavya shah

Hi Mario,
You must choose the correct setup from the link Governor has provided
and the appropriate installation and setup options so as to download
the client of Teamtalk 5 optimized for accessibility with screen
readers.
Instructions on the same, as well as how to specifically join and
connect to the NVDACon server are all available in a comprehensive
manner on the NVDACon homepage under the How to Join Us section,
which, for your and others' reference who may have missed my earlier
mails, is as below:

'How to join us
TeamTalk is a program that you run on your Windows PC (there is a Mac
version available, but we have found that it does not work well with
VoiceOver and so we do not recommend you use it). To get started,
follow these steps:
1. Download the software (TeamTalk 5) from bearware.dk
2. When you are installing the above program, you will come to a
screen where you can choose which components you want. Tab to the list
of components and arrow down until you find the "TeamTalk 5 classic"
option. Press space, then enter. For best results with screen reading
software, it is strongly recommended that you do this; the standard
(non-classic) version is not very accessible.
3. Once the setup process is complete, and you are in the TeamTalk
application (start it up if it is not running already), follow the
below procedure to connect to the server:
◦ From within TeamTalk, press f2. Tab until you get to the "host
properties" group, and simply erase any information that may be
already in the edit fields. For the "entry name", type anything you
want that will tell you what this server is (for example, "NVDACon").
For "host address", type nvda-kr.org. Set TCP port to 10333 and UDP
port to 10333 and skip everything else. Press enter on "join/update"
and you should be all set.
◦ Alternatively, if you have TeamTalk 5 installed, select this link to
connect to the server directly (note that you'll need to change your
name to something else by pressing F4).
4. Once you are logged on, you can join any of the available rooms
(note that some may be password-protected). We first recommend doing
an audio test (choose the option form the context menu) To join this
or any room, just arrow to it and press control-j (to leave a room,
arrow to it and press control-l). You can also hit the applications
key, or shift-f10, on a room and choose the option you want.
5. While in any room, you will see three slider controls after the
list of channels (rooms and channels are the same thing), along with
an edit field. The first edit field is for system and user messages.
The second lets you chat by typing text and pressing enter. The first
slider changes your microphone's sensitivity (gain), the second
changes the volume of the room in general as you hear it, and we are
not sure what the third one does.
If you are using the JAWS for Windows screen reader or NvDA, there are
now JAWS scripts and NvDA add-on available for use with TeamTalk. The
link will take you to a website where you can download these free
scripts. We do not offer support for the scripts, though; please refer
to the above link for help instead.'
Source: http://nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php

I will also ask Joseph, the maintainer of this page, to update this
section to reflect recent changes of availability of a publicly
available and accessible version of Teamtalk for iOS and one under
active development for Android, so potential NVDACon participants are
made fully aware of the various means of joining.
Thanks.

On 3/16/16, Governor staten <govsta@gmail.com> wrote:
This is the client for Windows. There were instructions given elsewhere
as to how to set this up and configure it for the server being used for
NVDACon. Here is the link below:

http://bearware.dk/teamtalk/v5.1.1/TeamTalk_v5.1.1_Setup.exe

On 3/16/2016 12:07 PM, Mário Navarro wrote:

yes, for IOS I already have.
I was wondering if there for windows.
cheers.

Às 15:59 de 16/03/2016, Darren Duff escreveu:
Team talk is also out for iOS now.

Darren Duff.

Host of the Duff Domain on http://www.95-the-mix.com

amateur radio station KK4AHX.

Follow me on twitter @darren_duff

friend me on face book http://www.facebook.com/DarrenLDuff.

primary E-mail duff379@gmail.com

Mobile E-mail mobileduff5@gmail.com

skype duffman31279

On 3/16/2016 11:50 AM, Mário Navarro wrote:

hi.
there is a version of TeamTalk 5 for windows?
if so, where to get?

thanks.
cheers.

Às 15:24 de 16/03/2016, Bhavya shah escreveu:
Hi Scott,
I will respond with two things here:
* 100 is the loudest and 0 is the softest volume you can acquire.
* If you are wondering what difference exists between the three
sliders, the NVDACon page explains that by the following quotes:
'5. While in any room, you will see three slider controls after the
list of channels (rooms and channels are the same thing), along with
an edit field. The first edit field is for system and user messages.
The second lets you chat by typing text and pressing enter. The first
slider changes your microphone's sensitivity (gain), the second
changes the volume of the room in general as you hear it, and we are
not sure what the third one does.'
Also, to test your mike audio, in earlier conferences, we did have a
mike audio testing room specifically, but due to technicalities I am
unaware of, our server administrator tells us this may not be possible
to implement in Teamtalk 5, or this NVDACon. If I remember correctly,
the alternative way of checking your microphone is by pressing Ctrl +
4 in any room or channel, and your audio should be echoed back for
your understanding and testing, as I was earlier told by someone.

By the way, for the Android users on this list, I would also like to
mention that the Teamtalk Android app is in development stage
currently, but you still might want to try it out from
http://bearware.dk/?p=279 as its optimal accessibility with Talkback
is explicitly assured. A friend of mine and myself are going to test
the Teamtalk Android app ourselves as well. Will share our findings
once we are thoroughly done with our assessment.
Thanks.

On 3/16/16, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Bhavya.
I installed teamtalk just now.
It appears like i'm connected, well not at the exact moment as i
write
this but i did get into the rooms.
But, now since there is nobody there, how do i test my audio?
And those sliders for the microphone, is 0 or 100 the loudest.
I'm asking because sometimes programs i have run into can be
different
in that respect.
Talk to you later.

Scott

On 3/15/2016 6:48 AM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Scott,
Well, do let us know in case you have some specific Teamtalk
problems
or troubleshooting requirements, and the TT experts here may be able
to help you.
Just to note, you can communicate in the conference via text
messages
as well as audio conversation. Text chats are always recognized and
read out by others. If microphone configuration with TT is an issue
for you, hope that may no longer need to be an impediment for
participation in NVDACon. :) smiles
Thanks.

On 3/15/16, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, i plan to be there, if i can get team talk working on my
system.
I tried before and it didn't work, so we'll see i guess.smile.

Scott

On 3/14/2016 9:56 PM, Bhavya shah wrote:
Hi Scott, Joseph and others,
It was great fun for me too to be a part of the recent Accessible
World Techtalk presentation, and am thankful to Joseph for the
same.
Just like this recent Techtalk event related to NVDA, I would
encourage everyone to participate in this, and future events,
including the NVDACon International 2016, of course. Looking
forward
to seeing you out there, Scott, and many others.
Thanks.

On 3/15/16, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Joseph and all.
First of all I wanted to say thanks Joseph, that was fun to
listen to.
I will have to reinstall the plugin though because I tried to
talk and
it didn't work i think.
But, thanks again.
Maybe some day I'll actually get to talk to you all in voice
during
one
of these things.

I'm planning to be there during at least some of the nvda con
sessions.
Sounds like it'll be fun.

Well, that is all for now.

Talk to you all later.