Re: Improvements to the caps lock key and the NVDA key

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 12:07 PM, tim wrote:
i also use it every time i"m righting a email or word processor.
-
You use CAPS LOCK that much?   I've never seen any of your messages here be in ALL CAPS.

In the real world of computing, which I've been a part of since the mid-1980s, I have very seldom observed anyone, with the rarest of exceptions, make frequent use of CAPS LOCK as very few people ever want their material to be in all caps, all the time.

SHIFT gets used constantly; CAPS LOCK, not so much.  And nothing you can say about your own patterns changes the general pattern.  If you're using CAPS LOCK much other than as an NVDA modifier key in laptop keyboard layout, you are an outlier.  And even if you're using NVDA laptop keyboard layout, you are an outlier when the entire NVDA user base is considered.

         ~ John F. Kennedy