Re: nvda and gmail in basic html

Gene

To stop hearing table announcements, open document formatting, control NVDA key d, and tab through the items.  You will come to a section for table settings.  Uncheck every check box related to tables.  Press the ok button.

If you want, you can have a profile that will have these settings off so you can use that profile when you are working in G-Mail and you can then go back to the settings for tables you are currently using by not using the profile.

Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 2:33 AM
Subject: [nvda] nvda and gmail in basic html

Dear NVDA Users,

I have a minor difficulty and I sincerely appreciate some help.

I'm using the gmail in basic html view and when I try to move between the messages using the up/down arrows, the nvda reports the foll9owing:

row 7 column 1

row 8 column 1 etc etc,

How in the world I can stop NVDA from saying the rows and columns in gmail basic html, as a speech synthesizer i'm using the eloquence.

thanks in advance,