Re: recent problems using NVDA to read google docs/sheets?

Nimer Jaber

I can't say that I have. Does this happen with all sheets, or just a specific sheet? I'm assuming that you have accessibility mode on? Are you using Braille mode, or just screen reader mode?

Thanks.

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 12:13 AM Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@...> wrote:
Hi there,

I'm running Google Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit) and NVDA 2021.2.

Pressing escape doesn't help, sorry I didn't mention I had already tried that.

NVDA announces "application, group" which I don't remember it doing before. However, the focus, according to my sighted partner, is in the spreadsheet cells like usual.

Has anyone else been seeing something like this?

Thanks!
Sally

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 5:01 PM Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Hello Sally,

Which browser are you using where this difficulty occurs? Which version of NVDA?

Next time you open a doc, after the doc has loaded, and you can't seem to access it, try pressing esc and let us know what happens.

Thanks.

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 6:30 AM Sally Kiebdaj <fiddle.pup@...> wrote:
Hello,

I can no longer read google docs or sheets on my work laptop and noticed that I need to press Tab a few extra times on my personal laptop to focus and read a doc or sheet. However, two weeks ago, I was using google docs and sheets with no problems on either machine. After the page fully loaded and I made sure browse mode was off, my focus was already in the doc or sheet content and I was able to read.

Has anyone experienced new problems reading the contents of google docs or sheets in the last 10 days?

Does anyone know about recent G Suite updates that might be causing this?

If not, are there known NVDA settings problems that might be causing this?

I'm not sure how to start troubleshooting this so would welcome all suggestions!

Thanks,
Sally

--
Best,