Re: NVDA speechless on the enter key in Wordpad

Sarah k Alawami

I recommend Jarte. It is no longer being made, but it is one of my favorite programs to use for an RTF editor and a docx viewer.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mani Iyer via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 7:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA speechless on the enter key in Wordpad

Hello all,
Having worked on the Mac with Voiceover for many years, I am a newbie to Windows and NVDA which I am learning through the user guide and enjoying it.
A RTF editor is a must for what I do and I chose Wordpad (I will welcome ideas for any better NVDA-accessible and free editors). I don’t know what setting would make NVDA speak the enter key whenever I move to a new line. Setting the ‘Speak commands’ option on does speak it but speaks all other commands I press in the process.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks,.

Warmly,
Mani