Re: Improvements to the caps lock key and the NVDA key

On Wed, Nov 17, 2021 at 11:21 AM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I would open an issue on github as well and see where that gets you. Put in a justifiable use case as well when making the suggestion.
-
I absolutely agree on both points.

This group, while incredibly useful, and occasionally read by the NVDA developers, is not the official mechanism for issue reporting nor for feature requests.  While you may want to flesh out whether something you want is something others might want, and how many others, along with additional details via discussion here, you still need to "make it official" by using GitHub.

One of the things I really love about NVDA is that end-users have actual access to the project management software that is used for the development of NVDA (along with untold thousands of other projects) and they encourage you to use it to communicate with the development team.  Yes, you have to learn its quirks, and how to use the reporting template (which, by the way, I've created an MS-Word Fillable Form for if you find doing the initial data entry easier that way), but you are still ending up with something in the queue to be reviewed.

Just be aware as well that "in the queue to be reviewed" doesn't always lead to actual implementation.  Even when something is implemented, it can take several years if it's a low-priority change.

Creating an Issue in GitHub for NVDA

         ~ John F. Kennedy