From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mani Iyer via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, 17 November 2021 19:49
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA speechless on the enter key in Wordpad

Hello Gene,

I wouldn’t mind having the “Speak commands’ turned on when in Wordpad but elsewhere it gets annoying! I wish there was a command to quickly turn ‘Speak commands’ on and off.

Well if not, I will have to get used to the silence. :)

Mani

On Nov 17, 2021, at 12:42 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

NVDA doesn’t speak any command keys by default.  You already know what happens when you turn speak command keys on.

You may find that you quickly get used to not hearing enter.  You may expect it since you evidently have heard it in the past but giving not hearing it a chance for perhaps a few days or a week may get you used to not hearing it and it may not matter any longer.

I believe the option should be available.  People should be able to choose which command keys they hear, but since I know of no way they can, if you get used to not hearing it quickly, the problem may not matter shortly.

Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2021 10:52 AM

Good to hear from you again after a long time. :)
Thank you Sarah. But you have no idea as to why NVDA does not speak the enter key on Wordpad?

Mani