Re: Windows10 - NVDA - MS Teams - Meetings

Russell James

Hi Ben

This is great news thanks for your reply!

I'll give it a try :-)

Russ

On Thu, Nov 18, 2021, 2:53 PM <benmoxey@...> wrote:

Hi Russ

I use Teams daily at work on Windows 10 laptops without headphones and the screen reader audio cannot be heard by participants, unless I choose to share it. Of course, test this with somebody first to confirm, but this shouldn’t be an issue. Note that I have the Teams meeting audio and screen reader coming through the laptop speakers and am using the laptop’s built-in mic.

Regarding Zoom on Windows 10, as you mentioned, your screen reader audio will be heard if you’re not using headphones. However, interestingly, I ran a Zoom meeting on my Windows 11 machine recently without headphones (with the intention of participants hearing the screen reader) and the speech could not be heard until I shared it. Has anyone else tested this scenario on Windows 11 to confirm? I’m wondering if this is a change in how Windows 11 handles audio.

All the best.

Ben