Re: Icon that appears on selecting a table in Word

Quentin Christensen

When you hover over a table or the focus is in a table, there is an icon at the top left which is square with the move (four way arrows) symbol.  You can click on this and drag to move the table.  I don't think there is an equivalent keyboard command, aside from selecting, cutting and pasting.

If you left click on this icon, it brings up a kind of floating toolbar, where you can select some of the font and paragraph options, some options for deleting or inserting, as well as adding a comment or opening table styles.

While the order is different, you can get to most of these options from the context menu, and the rest (standard font and paragraph options) from the ribbon.

There is a plain white square at the bottom right corner of the table.  Clicking and dragging it resizes the table, which you can otherwise do from the Table Layout ribbon - alt, then j, then l.  If you click on this without dragging, it opens the same floating toolbar as described for the other icon.



On Fri, Nov 19, 2021 at 11:33 AM Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@...> wrote:
Dear all,

I am currently using NVDA 2021.3 Beta 2 and Word for Microsoft 365 on
a Windows 10 machine. From a sighted person I am working with, I have
learnt that when I select an entire table (by going to browse mode and
setting start and end markers), a certain icon shows up which contains
several options. This icon gives options different from that which I
get on pressing the Applications key. If you have followed my question
so far, do you know of a way to access and click this icon

I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Best Regards,
Bhavya Shah
Stanford University | Class of 2024

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join to automatically receive all group messages.