Re: NVDA OCR - Can you save the text result somehow?

benmoxey@...

Hi everyone

In addition to Rui’s excellent add-on, if you only want to easily access the text content of the active window, try Virtual Review. Once installed, you can press NVDA + Control + W to place all text in the current window into a virtual buffer. Then, you can select, copy, paste etc. When done, press Escape to return to the window.

Check it out on the official add-ons page:

Virtual Review (nvda-project.org)

Cheers

Ben

• Author: Rui Fontes and Ângelo Abrantes
• Compatibility: NVDA 2019.3 and following

Usage
This add-on serves to record in a text document all speeches of NVDA while the add-on is active. After recording stops, the text document will open.

Note: What is spoken in SayAll is not recorded.

To activate/deactivate the recording Press ALT + NumPad Plus. This command can be modified in the "Input gestures" dialog in the "Miscellaneous" category.

Automatic update
This add-on includes an automatic update feature. The check for a new version will be executed everytime NVDA is loaded. If you do not want this, go to NVDA, Preferences, Options and in the add-on category uncheck the check box.

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team

Às 14:27 de 20/11/2021, Giles Turnbull escreveu:

Another option that I regularly turn to if I want to copy text from a dialogue box, is to start Speech Viewer from NVDA's tools menu. Then everything that NVDA reads aloud is in the viewer window, where any text can be selected and can then be easily copied with the usual CTRL+C. I tend to use it when needing to mention software versions I am running, such as the version of Windows from the winver command.

Speech Viewer would record anything that NVDA speaks in the OCR window :)

Giles