Re: Volume in Thunderbird

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 04:05 PM, Howard Traxler wrote:
I don't know how that TB configuration got created.  I didn't do it on purpose and I don't think it did anything I needed.
-
A classic example of why my advice to all my clients, about any sort of software, setting, etc., is if your answer when someone asks, "Do you use {insert thing here}?," is either "no," or, "I don't know," the probability that you actually need it is virtually zero.

Most people remember that they created something, or installed something, even if the details may be hazy.  But having no recall means it's almost certainly something that was either unintentionally created or, in the case of a lot of pre-installed software, falls into the class of bloatware that almost no one uses.  Bloatware is one of the reasons that many technicians do a completely clean reinstall of Windows 10 or Windows 11 as the first thing they do with a brand new machine.  What comes from Microsoft has none of that and you end up with a pristine Windows instance.

         ~ John F. Kennedy