Re: Computer says a new version of Weather is available, but the downloading doesn't work

Adriano Barbieri

Hi Jarek,

Is the self-update of a new version canceled?
It may be an expired certificate problem, see if there is a line like this in the nvda log:
Weather_Plus 8.6: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1091)>
If so, then you need to open nvda's python console with NVDA + Control + z and type these two lines to update the Windows root certificate store:
import updateCheck
updateCheck._updateWindowsRootCertificates()

Weather_Plus auto update will work again.

Regards
Adriano

Il 21/11/2021 14:31, Jarek.Krcmar ha scritto:

Hello all in group,

I want download and install a new version of Weather plus, but the downloading doesn't work.

I would like to know, where is an error, and how to download it.

Do you have any idea, please?