Re: NVDA's handling of checkboxes especially in Google Chrome

Steve Nutt

Hi Brian,

Thanks for this, but I don’t think I was clear enough in what I was saying.

If you examine the screen of an app with for example, the JAWS cursor, or in review mode in NVDA, you can get a “feel” what what is left or right, top or bottom of the screen.

But in a virtual buffer on the web, you really can’t, it’s just like reading lines of text.

Sometimes, I think that is the downfall of virtual buffers.

NVDA and JAWS’ screen layout support sometimes helps, but they are not as granular as as reading the screen in review modes.

Thanks again for this discussion, it is fascinating.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close