Re: Slight problem with Whatsapp Desktop add-on

Sim Kah Yong

Thanks for the instruction. Is there a more straightforward way of doing it?

I tried to do it by restarting NVDA with all add-ons disabled. But there is no way for me to enable just the Whatsapp add-on from there. Thanks.

On 22/11/2021 2:41 pm, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas wrote:
1: open the NVDA menu.2: go to tools3: go to manage add-ons4: disable all add-ons except the one with the problem.5: to disable add-ons, choose the add-on with the arrows and scroll to disable add-on.

Em seg., 22 de nov. de 2021 às 01:52, Sim Kah Yong <simkahyong@...> escreveu:

Hi, I restart NVDA with all add-ons disabled. But how do I enable Whatsapp add-on from there? I go to add-on manager but cannot find anything to do that.

On 22/11/2021 12:36 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:
The Most Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Suspected NVDA Issues

The first two are always worth doing whether you suspect the issue is with NVDA itself or an add-on.

There are times where the "one bad apple" in your collection of add-ons can have a domino effect on others, too.  So it can be worth disabling all your add ons, except the one that appears to be misbehaving, then seeing if it continues to misbehave when it's the only add-on running.  If it's fine when it's running alone, then read the tutorial referenced in the message above for the step-by-step process of isolating "a bad apple" when it becomes clear that there is one.

         ~ John F. Kennedy