From: "Gene" <gsasner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a very question about anti spyware programs and very critical issue for me!

The Windows firewall is adequate, though you may want to run something else. Ransomware is spread in the ways malware is generally spread. A firewall will not stop you from getting it. the question is, what did you do to get it in the first place and the other point is, you should have all files you don't want to loose backed up and stored somewhere not connected to your computer such as on an external drive not attached to your computer except when in use.