Re: More flexible line length in browsing mode

Gene

Its an interesting question and one I haven't thought about.  I find it a good idea to allow the maximum line length to be changed but is there a technical reason it is better to set a maximum length in the browse mode buffer than have the length determined by the screen width, as is the case in the presentation of the underlying HTML page?

Gene

On 11/24/2021 3:36 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

I don't quite get why we need a line length mode anyway.

It would be good if NVDA could honour the lines on the screen, even in the virtual buffer.

I like the screen layout support, where links appear where they should, so why not make this work for formatting as well?

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services
77 Exeter Close
Stevenage
Hertfordshire
SG1 4PW
T: +44(0)1438-742286
M: +44(0)7956-334938
F: +44(0)1438-759589
E: steve@comproom.co.uk
On 2021-11-21 11:20, Gene via groups.io wrote:
In browse mode, you can set the line length. The default is one-hundred carachters. I suppose it would be possible to have a read by sentence option but I don’t know if there is any .demand for that. And it would conflict with sentences in which there are links and you have NVDA set to read every link on its own line.