locked Re: Owner's Note: Thank You #adminnotice

Quentin Christensen

Thanks Nimer!

And thanks to everyone who makes this community so special and helpful.

I hope everyone is staying safe, having either a great Thanksgiving, or simply a good week.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 6:03 AM Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
Hello,

On this Thanksgiving day in the U.S., I want to babble and do a bit of reflection, and I hope you will read this message thoroughly. I hope this message finds all of you happy, healthy, content, etc.

This past year has been nothing short of a nightmare for many of us. I know I have, and continue to face struggles, and I have no doubt that many of you are as well. All I can say is, we need to try to remain resilient. We need to lean on one another. We need to lean into those things that make each of us who we are. We need to love, we need to live, and we need to laugh. A lot. Some of us also need to grieve. We need to work through our pain. We need to scream,  we need to cry. For those things, all of those things are what unite us as human beings, across cultures, across religious boundaries, across borders.

In all of that, I want to thank you. Thank you for being part of this community. Thank you for passing along your knowledge to others. Thank you for being part of what makes this community a community. We are all united around NVDA, of course, but we are also unique individuals with struggles, hopes, dreams, etc., and anyone contributing to this community helps make it what it is. Whether you are here to post your questions, or are mostly providing answers, and even if you are simply a lurker, thank you. I am grateful for your support, for being here. We might disagree with one another at times, we might get annoyed at one another at times, but we are all humans, all here united around NVDA.

I also want to thank NvAccess. They are the reason we are here, of course, and they provide equity where that wasn't a thing before NVDA, to many who can now use their computers at no cost. Should you feel called to do so, please consider giving to NVAccess in the form of a donation this year. There are many deals this time of year, of lots of things to buy, but we can all help make sure that NVAccess continues to deliver.

Finally, I realize that Thanksgiving is not celebrated by everyone, and I recognize that some may even be hurting on this day. If you are one of those individuals, I want you to feel comfortable reaching out to me personally, using the contact information in my signature. I am happy to talk to you, and to do what I can to help. If you are an Indigenous person, I hope that you will understand the intent behind this message, and recognize that it is not my intent to cause you suffering. If, for some other reason, you are struggling on this day, I am sorry for your pain, and I hope you will reach out to someone. You are not alone.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.