Re: nv speech player

Quentin Christensen

Just to follow up on Eduardo's comments.  On the NV Speech Player's GitHub page, we have posted the following maintenance note (This is not new btw, I'm just sharing to ensure we're all on the same page):

"Maintenance Note
NV Access is no longer maintaining this project. If you make use of this project or find it interesting, and you have the time and expertise to maintain it, please feel free to fork it and let us know you are interested in taking it on.

This includes the speechPlayer core itself, plus the nvSpeechPlayer NVDA add-on also in this repository. Note that the eSpeak-ng/espeak-ng project also includes a copy of the speechPlayer code as an alternative Klatt implementation."

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Nov 26, 2021 at 11:49 AM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
hello friends, i was talking to quentin about the NV speech player addon support, and i think it would be nice for a user who understands that to continue the project! i know that with NVDA 2021.2 we had espeak NG with the same voices and i thought even better, but it's not for me, it's for users who like eloquence and can't buy it, so someone can continue this project, it would be really cool

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager