locked Re: Owner's Note: Thank You #adminnotice

Arlene

Yes we do. We celebrate Thanks Giving on the second Monday in October.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Howard Traxler
Sent: November 25, 2021 6:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Owner's Note: Thank You #adminnotice

Do you mean to say that Columbus was not one of the pilgrims and it didn't happen in 1492?  My histaria teachers should be ashamed.

Howard

On 11/25/2021 8:00 PM, Gene wrote:

After the Pilgrims landed, they had a brutally hard winter and some of them died.  The first Thanksgiving was celebrated after the first summer, in the fall because of the good harvest that year.

Sent: Thursday, November 25, 2021 7:54 PM

Hi, India,

The Pilgrams cme from England to fight for freedom from their tyrannical government. They settled in a place called Janestown in 1620. They came to our shores on a ship called the Mayflower. After settlihng on our shores, they gave thanks to God for all the blessings he had given them. That’s why we celebrate Thanksgiving. I know Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail for Windows