locked Re: Owner's Note: Thank You #adminnotice

Mallard <mallard@...>

Lol! Columbus had nothing, but relaly nothing, to do with the Pilgrim Fathers! He happened to hit ground on Espanola, now Haiti, on  October 12th, 1942... But the MayFlower, the ship that took the Founding Fathers to america, was in 1620.

In addition, Columbus was Italian (someone says Spanish...), while the Pilgrim Fathers were English.

The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621... The rest is too crude to tell here, but if you look up 1637, you'll have a very interesting story.

Sorry. End of reply.

I'm disappearing again, for the next 15 years at least... LOL!

Ciao,

Ollie

On 26/11/2021 03:55, Howard Traxler wrote:
Do you mean to say that Columbus was not one of the pilgrims and it didn't happen in 1492?  My histaria teachers should be ashamed.

Howard

On 11/25/2021 8:00 PM, Gene wrote:
After the Pilgrims landed, they had a brutally hard winter and some of them died.  The first Thanksgiving was celebrated after the first summer, in the fall because of the good harvest that year.
Gene
-----Original Message-----
*From:* Rosemarie Chavarria <mailto:knitqueen2007@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Thursday, November 25, 2021 7:54 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Owner's Note: Thank You #adminnotice

Hi, India,

The Pilgrams cme from England to fight for freedom from their tyrannical government. They settled in a place called Janestown in 1620. They came to our shores on a ship called the Mayflower. After settlihng on our shores, they gave thanks to God for all the blessings he had given them. That’s why we celebrate Thanksgiving. I know Canada celebrates Thanksgiving in October.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Rosemarie

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows

*Sent: *Thursday, November 25, 2021 5:42 PM
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] Owner's Note: Thank You #adminnotice

Happy thanksgiving day to all!

I am from India here we dont celebrate this day but hold on, celebrations cannot be stopped so happy thanksgiving day to my dear friends!

can anyone tell me that why you people celebrate this day?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.