locked Re: Owner's Note: Thank You #adminnotice

Mallard <mallard@...>

Lol! Columbus had nothing, but relaly nothing, to do with the Pilgrim Fathers! He happened to hit ground on Espanola, now Haiti, on  October 12th, 1942... But the MayFlower, the ship that took the Founding Fathers to america, was in 1620.

In addition, Columbus was Italian (someone says Spanish...), while the Pilgrim Fathers were English.

The first Thanksgiving was celebrated in 1621... The rest is too crude to tell here, but if you look up 1637, you'll have a very interesting story.

Sorry. End of reply.

I'm disappearing again, for the next 15 years at least... LOL!

Ciao,

Ollie

On 26/11/2021 03:55, Howard Traxler wrote:
Do you mean to say that Columbus was not one of the pilgrims and it didn't happen in 1492?  My histaria teachers should be ashamed.

Howard

On 11/25/2021 8:00 PM, Gene wrote:
After the Pilgrims landed, they had a brutally hard winter and some of them died.  The first Thanksgiving was celebrated after the first summer, in the fall because of the good harvest that year.