Re: NVDA 2021.2 - Error when checking for updates

I've always done "install over" installs with NVDA.  Every once in a very great while I might uninstall NVDA entirely, then reinstall, but that's very, very seldom.

I've never had an issue with install over installs with betas, and they are supposed to act exactly like the release candidate and actual releases do in terms of install behavior, and those always do their own install over updates.

Normally I wouldn't suggest installing a beta version as your "daily driver," but this is an exception.  It seems that the 2021.3beta2 has been quite unproblematic and it's the quickest way to solve the issue you're having and the solution will still be in place were you to reinstall 2021.2.

         ~ Vance Packard