Missing spaces between words in PDF document

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

Does anyone know what causes some PDF documents to have words that are not separated by a space?

For example: “TheCitizensBoard issuesdocumentsabout organisingevents”

This line of text should clearly have a space between the words.

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader under Windows 10 and NVDA 2016.3.

This is not new and I often find it. Can anyone explain why it happens or at least what I can do to advise authors on how to avoid sending out these badly structured documents?

All the best,

Cearbhall