Re: NVDA 2021.2 - Error when checking for updates

Eduardo Fermiano Luccas

if you don't want to download, you can download NVDA 2021.3 manually when it's released, this will solve your problem, because now for stable, we don't have any newer than 2021.2

Em dom., 28 de nov. de 2021 às 00:51, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> escreveu:

On Sat, Nov 27, 2021 at 10:42 PM, Gene wrote:
I’ve used a lot of betas.  Also, I’ve never seen such a failure discussed here as I recall.
-
Same here.  While beta versions cannot be considered to be 100% stable, they're generally very stable indeed, particularly when compared to alpha/snapshot builds.  And that's true across software, not just NVDA.

On the rare occasion when a beta is "just a little bit beyond alpha" I've seen developers directly state that one should still proceed with caution.  NVDA beta releases are generally considered to be stable, with the possibility of the occasional bug, which beta users are expected to report as part of the bargain of using betas (also true of all beta software, by general convention, not "law.").

I honestly can't remember the last time NVAccess issued a beta1 and beta2 for the same major release, and I didn't encounter any issue with beta1, but clearly other users did, or there wouldn't have been a beta2.  But there were no reports at all on this group of any catastrophic and unrecoverable failures even in beta1.  I've heard nary a peep about 2021.3beta2.

         ~ Vance Packard