Re: Missing spaces between words in PDF document

Sheri Byrne-Haber

For what it’s worth, I usually find this when the text in a document has come through an OCR process.

Sheri

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Missing spaces between words in PDF document

Hi,

Does anyone know what causes some PDF documents to have words that are not separated by a space?

For example: “TheCitizensBoard issuesdocumentsabout organisingevents”

This line of text should clearly have a space between the words.

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader under Windows 10 and NVDA 2016.3.

This is not new and I often find it. Can anyone explain why it happens or at least what I can do to advise authors on how to avoid sending out these badly structured documents?

All the best,

Cearbhall

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is confidential, may be privileged, and is intended solely for the person and/or entity to whom it is addressed (i.e. those identified in the "To" and "cc" box). They are the property of McDonald's Corporation. Unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any part thereof, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please return the e-mail and attachments to the sender and delete the e-mail and attachments and any copy from your system. McDonald's thanks you for your cooperation.