Re: NVDA Portable Start

Gene

I find this subject interesting but I'm not sure if it should continue here or on the chat list.  My experience is that if I write a batch file to run something, I don't get stuck in the terminal.  Whatever runs closes automatically.

I just tested this by creating a batch file to run MP3 Direct Cut.  Whatever the environment is, It runs and then automatically closes.  I haven't created many batch files to run programs but the ones I have work like that with the exception of NVDA.  Does NVDA run in some unusual way, perhaps related to Python that causes the terminal window not to close?

Gene

On 11/28/2021 6:16 AM, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi

Yes it does run the terminal as batch files are essentially a series of DOS commands that require that environment to run.  The following will start the specified program and exit the command prompt environment:

@echo off

start <full pathname including drive letter>

Exit

Example:

@echo off

start %windir%\system32\notepad.exe