Re: NVDA Portable Start

On Sun, Nov 28, 2021 at 12:29 AM, Howard Traxler wrote:
Does the slave command preceed, follow, or replace the call to nvda.exe?
-
A lot of this territory seems to have been covered, but it replaces it.  Based on what I can literally see when using a script with nvda_slave.exe in it, that clearly calls NVDA and, regardless of the result (which has always been success for me), exits and that allows the command prompt itself to exit.

NVDA.exe does not exit, it is what runs NVDA, and so long as its running control is not returned to the command prompt to allow it to do anything else.  NVDA does not get invoked asynchronously by default.  As Chris Mullins noted, one could elect to use the start command to force an asynchronous process for NVDA to be started and control promptly returned to the command prompt.

I elected not to do this simply because if NVAccess uses nvda_slave to invoke NVDA, and that always works, copying that method seemed to be the wisest path of action to me.

         ~ Vance Packard