Re: no install NVDA 2021.3 now


Eduardo Fermiano Luccas
 

no, that wasn't a question, it was a discussion to hear the opinions of others...and i have the beta of NVDA 2021.3 since october, so i have no problem with that, this message is only for those who have the problem , and do not want to install now.

Em seg., 29 de nov. de 2021 às 01:09, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> escreveu:

Hi Eduardo,

I think I lost something in translation, but are you asking if it is ok to NOT install the NVDA 2021.3 beta ?  If so, then that is absolutely fine - Your previous version of NVDA will let you know when the final version is out* and so will I here as you noted.  We haven't had any serious reports of issues with the beta, so don't anticipate anyone should have any problems, but if you are a bit nervous about installing software before the stable version, then waiting is perfectly ok.

*The one caveat to your existing version letting you know about the new version is the issue which I think most here are already across - that the way our recent security certificate upgrade was done did not propagate out to everyone and so there are some users who will receive an error when they try and check for updates.  For those users, you can either:

- Live with it until NVDA 2021.3 comes out and then download and install that manually
- Download the Beta from https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2021-3beta2/ - run it (you don't have to install it) and from the help menu choose "check for updates" - that alone should fix it, you can then exit and go back to your old version.
- Download the add-on we put out in October.  I mentioned this in our In-Process blog at the time, which you can still find here: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-19th-october-2021/ - The add-on does exactly the same thing as checking for updates from the beta (and from future versions of NVDA).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 1:44 PM Eduardo Fermiano Luccas <25102008luccas@...> wrote:
I would like to discuss not installing NVDA 2021.3 now1: if I am using NVDA 2021.2, I do not have to install anything as I know I am using the latest NVDA, and when NVDA 2021.3 arrives I can download manually.2: if i'm using NVDA 2020.3, i can still download NVDA 2021.2 manually.3: we know there's no updates for now, so let's have no fear.4: if you're subscribed to this group, quentin will let you know about the release of NVDA 2021.3. waiting for your answers!


Sorry for the translation errors



--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.