Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Hi Brian,

It is indeed normal for a screen reader to start at the login screen, but in this case NVDA seems to start with the user's settings instead of the secure desktop profile. You will hear the NVDA startup sound, which you should not hear during login. When I use Escape to close the accessibility menu and lock screen, NVDA reports Secure Desktop, and starts in Secure desktop mode.

Kind regards/Vriendelijke groet,
Artin Dekker
groepen@...
Op 29-11-2021 om 16:36 schreef Brian Vogel:

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 02:30 AM, Artin Dekker wrote:
I also find it strange that the NVDA desktop copy seems to start before I'm logged in.
-
Well, if you want to use it on the Windows login screen, it must start before you (or anyone) is logged in.  Every screen reader I know of has the option to do this, and it is an exception behavior, as most programs don't have the capability.

It can, of course, be toggled off in settings if you inadvertently turned it on.

         ~ Vance Packard