Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Lenron

rofl I have had family need to use computers of mine before and
honestly if they can't deal with speech at log on they can just not
use my stuff. It's not that big of a deal.

And to be honest if you were working you wouldn't want that happening if
you had shhared computers with the sighted.

No one wants that to have speech on login or anything.

In fact when I have speech running even at home or on another computer,
People get annoyed because they want me to close it, or say, I had to
reset the computer because it was talking to me so sightlings don't
appreciate blindy software running on their system at any time so having
it on login, just not a real option if its shared.

On 30/11/2021 4:36 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 02:30 AM, Artin Dekker wrote:

I also find it strange that the NVDA desktop copy seems to start
before I'm logged in.

-
Well, if you want to use it on the Windows login screen, it must start
before you (or anyone) is logged in.  Every screen reader I know of
has the option to do this, and it is an exception behavior, as most
programs don't have the capability.

It can, of course, be toggled off in settings if you inadvertently
turned it on.

*/The difference between a top-flight creative man and the hack is his
ability to express powerful meanings indirectly./*

         ~ Vance Packard

--
Lenron Brown
Main cell 985-714-8446