Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

True.

However all of us have our own systems.

I guess it depends on your users.

I used to service a family of clients.

User 1 used the system responsibly.

User 2 had issue and would try to clear things by doing it the wrong way.

User 3 used cracked software all the time and clicked links in spam emails.

User 4 loaded stuff because it looked cool when it wasn't.

Now I maintain each of their systems and user 3 and 4 are simply no longer done by me because they don't learn.

User 2 has an older system but at least the first 2 users know sort what they are doing and I tell them not to do this and that.

So I'd recieve the system every other week.

If I was lucky, user 1 and 2 had issues and I could fix them.

But if user 3 and 4 had been at it again which happened monthly, well long story short I got tired about reformatting and reinstalling windows every few weeks to fix their issues or worse.

They wouldn't believe that it was them screwing things up so yeah I can see it from both ends.

If you can handle a share without stepping on each other's toes you are welcome to it.

Personally I am happy that each user here has their own system.

I keep them updated and if it all goes to hell then it goes to hell.

But at least its not all going to hell.

Now that was before I could do something about it.

I guess I could restrict and stop user 3 and 4 and maybe 2 before they did any damage but I couldn't before really.

On 30/11/2021 6:02 am, Chris Mullins wrote:

Hi the idea of having speech on the log-in screen is to make it inclusive and if it’s a shared resource the sightlings should not consider it as “their system”.  They need educating to understand that once they log into their account on the computer, the speech will go away and in an environment where blind people share a computer, talking log-in screens should be the norm not the exception.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows