Re: Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

Arlene

I agree, I used to know how to configure a computer for a sightling.  I forgot how to do it. I’m the only user who uses this computer. I like it when speech comes on when the computer starts up before I type in my logon password.  I’m not worried about it.  If a sightling had to use this system. I’d just tell him or her this is how it is. If I have to create a profile for you  it will talk for me but you will have it so nothing talks for you.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: November 29, 2021 8:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Strange behavior of NVDA and Windows 10 at machine startup

And to be honest if you were working you wouldn't want that happening if you had shhared computers with the sighted.

No one wants that to have speech on login or anything.

In fact when I have speech running even at home or on another computer, People get annoyed because they want me to close it, or say, I had to reset the computer because it was talking to me so sightlings don't appreciate blindy software running on their system at any time so having it on login, just not a real option if its shared.

On 30/11/2021 4:36 am, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Mon, Nov 29, 2021 at 02:30 AM, Artin Dekker wrote:

I also find it strange that the NVDA desktop copy seems to start before I'm logged in.

-
Well, if you want to use it on the Windows login screen, it must start before you (or anyone) is logged in.  Every screen reader I know of has the option to do this, and it is an exception behavior, as most programs don't have the capability.

It can, of course, be toggled off in settings if you inadvertently turned it on.

         ~ Vance Packard