Re: loss of hot keys

Gene

This affects built in keyboards as well and directly connected ones.  I don’t know what causes it but it has something to do with NVDA and was referred to years ago when JAWS had the problem as sticky keys.  I don’t use JAWS now and I don’t know if it ever happens.

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] loss of hot keys

Given how cheap fully functional USB wired external keyboards are at most thrift shops, it's worth having one on hand for testing purposes.  Of course if it's a laptop key that's stuck, and you can't unstick it, an external keyboard will still misbehave since the computer will accept input from all connected keyboards.

         ~ Vance Packard