Re: loss of hot keys

Sarah k Alawami

The problem is I have sticky keys disabled. I really do think it has something to do with the keyboard hook in wx python as we had this problem in a program someone is coding. I can’t remember how they fixed it, I think we used a different keyboard hook.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 9:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] loss of hot keys

This affects built in keyboards as well and directly connected ones.  I don’t know what causes it but it has something to do with NVDA and was referred to years ago when JAWS had the problem as sticky keys.  I don’t use JAWS now and I don’t know if it ever happens.

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 7:20 PM

Given how cheap fully functional USB wired external keyboards are at most thrift shops, it's worth having one on hand for testing purposes.  Of course if it's a laptop key that's stuck, and you can't unstick it, an external keyboard will still misbehave since the computer will accept input from all connected keyboards.

         ~ Vance Packard