Re: NVDA with Windows Mail

Chris Mullins

Hi

It’s more a way of how you access the folder list in Windows Mail.  You can jump to the folder list (from almost any location within the Mail app except when editing a message) by pressing Control+y, use down/up arrows to navigate the folder list then press enter on the folder you want to view the contents of.  NVDA announces "Loading" and the messages in the chosen folder populate the list control.  The load time taken and quantity of messages loaded is determined by what you have selected in the Mail Settings       , Manage Accounts, Change Mailbox Synch Settings dialog.  My setting loads the last month of messages and I usually wait a few seconds, then press shift+tab to move focus to the message list.  

Cheers

Chris

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: 01 December 2021 15:42
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA with Windows Mail

Hello all,

As a new Lerner of NVDA , I would like to know if there is an NVDA command to jump directly to the message list from a folder.  Right now, I am tabbing through several controls before landing on the message list. Is there a better way

Also, On a more generic level, is it necessary to know if you are in browse mode or focus mode? If so, under what circumstances?

Thank you.

Warmly,

Mani

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.