Thank you for your suggestion. I use a rate between 20 and 30. I will try Zira at that rate. :)

Warmly,
Mani

On Dec 1, 2021, at 12:05 PM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hi,

My favorite one-core voice is Zira. She sounds really good at a fast rate.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: Jujube
Sent: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 8:48 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Recommendations for NVDA voice

Hi, Have you tried some of the other OneCore voices including Zira or mark? They may or may not sound better to you. Otherwise, you could try the Eloquence/Vocalizer addon and see if any of that stuff suits you better. It costs money though, but you can trial it for a weekb before buying. Also, how fast is your speech rate? If you use faster speech rates, most of the other OneCore voices sound significantly better at high speech rates than David, as well as Eloquence and possibly some of the Vocalizer voices. Hope this helps.