Re: Recommendations for NVDA voice

Gene

If you haven’t, you might want to try the default English voice as well.  I haven’t used most of the variants and dialects in E-Speak because I don’t like the voice.  But I wanted to discuss it because I didn’t know if you had tried it and it might be worth trying.

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Recommendations for NVDA voice

Gene,
I agree the speak voices lack the body and do sound harsh, although I have to admit I did not seriously give all the English American voices a spin.  I will do that soon.

Thanks,
Mani

On Dec 1, 2021, at 1:52 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

One voice that hasn’t been discussed, though it may have been mentioned, is E-Speak.  It comes with NVDA, but you have to switch to it if you are using Windows 10 and 11.  While I find it harsh and lacking in body, you may find that it is easier to understand than some or many others.

Not knowing about the nature of your hearing loss, I’m not recommending it, just pointing out that it may be more understandable and that it is a part of NVDA.

If you don’t know how to switch to it and try different  e-Speak voices, list members will tell you.

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 11:09 AM

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 10:50 AM, Mani Iyer wrote:
Do you have any recommendation for a ‘clear’ voice under which which speech synthesizer would possibly help me. ?
-
Actually, I don't.  The reason for that being tha