From: John Isige
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2021 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] eBook Readers with NVDA

I use QRead myself, but lots of people don't like it because the author
will abandon things for long periods of time. Still, for me, it works
pretty well, I haven't found another program that reads all of the
formats it does. But you do have other options. Edge can read .EPUB
files, I'm pretty sure, and lots of things can read PDFs nowadays, most
browsers for example. If they won't come up as text you'll have to OCR
them with something anyway, in order to read them.

I've never gotten Calibre to do much of anything. Personally I wouldn't
restrict myself to something like the iPhone, not only because I don't
own one, but also because then you're stuck with whatever Apple has.
There are lots of books that aren't in Apple's format.

Another option you didn't mention is Kindle for PC. This is accessible
and works well with NVDA, so much so that I signed up for Kindle
unlimited. There's also Bookshare, and NLS if you're in the US, or
whatever library service you've got in your country, in case you're not
hooked up with something like that.