And let us know how you find it and anything you get stuck with.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 4:44 PM Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...> wrote:
Okay, Sir. I get the impression that this message angered you but I don't understand why. As I said, I don't remember exactly what we talked, though I am aware that we had a conversation about this topic. Of course I'm referring to the legal version of Eloquence TTS. However, I don't have a Microsoft Office subscription yet. I'm learning to use NVDA little by little. Please do not forget that I'm completely new to this. For this reason, I thought every single question made sense.
I sincerely apologize to you.

----- Original Message -----
From: Quentin Christensen
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Thursday, December 02, 2021 23:05
Subject: Re: [nvda] LibreOffice?

LibreOffice is a free alternative to Microsoft Office.  So the first couple of questions actually don't apply:

- The Antivirus you use would be the same across the computer.  Any anti-virus which works on your PC should be just fine with LibreOffice

- By Eloquence I hope you are referring to the legal version.  In any case, the synthesizer simply reads whatever text NVDA passes to it.  So if something won't read in LibreOffice, it is likely because that feature is not accessible, and it won't matter what synthesizer you use.

The last one (paraphrased):

- Are all the functions and features from Microsoft Office available in LibreOffice

Is the key question.  The majority of features of Microsoft Office are available in LibreOffice.  There likely are some which aren't, but most will be.  The key considering however, is that not all of the features are as accessible as the equivalent features in Microsoft Office are.  Again, many are, but some may not be.

If you currently have a Microsoft Office subscription, I would recommend trying LibreOffice and deciding whether it works for what you need before your Microsoft subscription runs out, so you can make an informed decision as to whether to continue it or not.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 3:35 PM Viris g. Rodríguez wrote:

Hello everybody. I think somebody mentioned LibreOffice a couple weeks ago. Mr. Quentin told me he was not sure as to whether the commands were the same as the ones used in Microsoft or something like that. I honestly don't remember pretty well.
If someone has used LibreOffice with NVDA, I would really appreciate any information. Is there an antivirus for this software?
Is Eloquence TTS compatible with it?
Are all the Microsoft functions and features available?
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely.

--

Quentin Christensen