Re: Keyboard shortcuts for Libre Office Writer

Viris g. Rodríguez <vgr.09.15@...>

God bless you, Tony. I'll give it a try.

----- Original Message -----
From: Mani Iyer via groups.io
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Friday, December 03, 2021 15:52
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keyboard shortcuts for Libre Office Writer

Hello Tony,

This is very timely. I just downloaded the LibreOffice 7.2 beta version. I think I will choose this over Wordpad for editing my RTF documents. I only wish NVDA would speak the enter key (a complaint I mentioned earlier in a post). Well, I have to get used to it.

Thank you so much.

Warmly,

Mani

On Dec 3, 2021, at 4:04 PM, Tony Ballou wrote:

Hi,

As promised here are the keyboard shortcuts for Libre Office Writer. The libre office Calc keyboard shortcuts will be posted next.

Tony

        Keyboard shortcuts for Libre office writer

    Keyboard shortcut
Command

Control-a
 Select All

Control-b
Bold text

Control-c
Copies highlighted Text to the clipboard
Control-x
Cuts highlighted text to the clipboard
Control-v
 Pastes the highlighted text from the clipboard to the location that you specify

keep in mind that when the text is copied, it appears in both the original and the specified location.
When the text is cut it appears in the specified location only

Control-Shift-v
Paste Special
pastes formatting, and formatted text from the clipboard

control-alt-shift-V
Pastes unformatted text from the clipboard

  control-E
Centers text

Control f
Find text

Control    -g
Go To

control-H
Find and replace Text

Control-I
Italicize text

Control-J
Justify Text

Control-l
Left align text

Control-r
Right align text

Control-n
Creates a new blank Document

Control-o
Brings up the open file dialog box

Control-P
Brings up the Print Dialog box

Control-S
Saves the current open Document.  If it is a new one, the save as dialog box will open where you can give it a specific file name, save it with a specific file format extension such as .txt, .rtf, .doc, .docx, or in the case  of programs like open and libre office, .odt; and a specific location such as a folder on your hard drive, or external storage device.

 Control u
Underlines text

Control-y
 redoes your last action

control-z
 undoes your last action

Control-Shift-P
inserts superscript

Control-shift-b
Inserts subscript

Control-Enter
Page break

Navigation Keyboard shortcuts

left arrow
moves one character to the left

shift-left arrow
highlights the character to the left

Right arrow
moves one character to the right
Shift-right arrow
Highlights the character to the right

up arrow
moves up one line

Shift-up arrow
Highlights text in an upward direction

Down arrow
Moves down one line

Shift-down arrow
Highlights text in a downward direction

Control -left arrow
moves one word to the left

control-right arrow
moves one word to the right

Control-shift-left arrow
Highlights the word to the left

Control-Shift-right arrow
Highlights the word to the right

Control-up arrow
moves to the beginning of the previous paragraph

Control-shift-up arrow
 highlights the text to the beginning of the paragraph
Control-Down arrow
Moves to the end of the paragraph

Control-Shift-down arrow
Highlights the text to the end of the paragraph

Moves to the beginning of the line
 shift-home
Highlights the text from the cursor position to the beginning of the line

 End
Moves  to the end of the line
Shift-end
Highlights the text from the cursor position to the end of the line

Control-home
moves the cursor to the beginning of the document

Control-End
Moves the cursor to the end of the document

Control-shift-home
Highlights the text from the cursor position to the beginning of the document

Control-shift-end
highlights the text from the cursor position to the end of the document

Page up
moves the cursor up one screen
(this is approximately 24 lines)

Page down
Moves the cursor down one screen
(This is approximately 24 lines)

Shift-page up
Highlights the text up by one screen

Shift-page down
Highlights the text down by one screen

Control-Backspace
Ce

Deletes the text to the beginning of the word

Control-delete
Deletes the text to the end of the word

Control-shift-backspace
deletes the text to the beginning of the sentence

Control-shift Delete
Deletes the text to the end of a sentence

On 12/3/2021 2:57 PM, Viris g. Rodríguez wrote:

Thank you very much, Tony. Have a nice trip.