Reading be accessible name of an interactive components in screen readers

Eilana Benish

Hello everybody

I would like to understand what makes NVDA read the label or the accessible name when hovering with the mouse on button or image button.

Let's say that the button image button or other element in the form off interactive components has an accessible name. Sometimes NVDA will read the name and sumtimes not.

I must say that in JAWS screen reader, this function of reading the accessible name off interactive component works much better with mouse hover. For example I can hover on a button in Gmail app for the web and JAWS will read the accessible name and NVDA not

Since there are a lot of low vision users and other people with cognitive disabilities who can benefit from hearing the text that associated with the interactive component, it is important to understand the conditions that makes NVDA read the component name.

Hello everybody

I would like to understand what makes NVDA read the label or the accessible name when hovering with the mouse on button or image button.

Let's say that the button image button or other element in the form off interactive components has an accessible name. Sometimes NVDA will read the name and sumtimes not.

I must say that in JAWS screen reader, this function of reading the accessible name off interactive component works much better with mouse hover. For example I can hover on a button in Gmail app for the web and JAWS will read the accessible name and NVDA not

Since there are a lot of low vision users and other people with cognitive disabilities who can benefit from hearing the text that associated with the interactive component, it is important to understand the conditions that makes NVDA read the component name.

Thanks in advance for your comments, thoughts and ideas