Re: CTRL + ALT + N not working for me

Gtt North Bay

Ok good to go, just in case this happens to someone else. This NVDA was a new install on new laptop and I went and checked the properties of the desktop icon and of course shortcut was none and changed it and good to go.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: December 4, 2021 11:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] ctrl=+alt+N not working for me

There is no setting.  Short cuts and the shortcut commands such as control alt n are Windows functions.  NVDA creates a short cut and a short cut key when you install it but what it creates is a Windows shortcut and a Windows short cut key.

Go to the desktop and type n repeatedly.  Do you get to an NVDA shortcut?  Do you know how to check if there is a shortcut key assigned to the NVDA shortcut if you get to one? We will tell you how if you don’t know.

Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2021 10:13 AM

Subject: [nvda] ctrl=+alt+N not working for me

Hi,

The shortcut keys to start NVDA are not working for me and I went into settings general but didn’t find a field to check the shortcut keys to start NVDA.

Running 2021.3RC on latest windows 10.

Thanks,

Brian B.