Re: NVDA object navigation

Sarah k Alawami

Not at all. consult the documentations for more on the keyboard shortcuts you can use. There are a lot, some of which I don’t even  use and more of them I forget as I don’t use them.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Lexi
Sent: Saturday, December 4, 2021 1:28 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA object navigation

Thank you, that made sense. I appreciate everyone's help. Another question I have is, how do I move the cursor in NVDA? Do I have to use the mouse?

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 12:04 PM Jujube <ellaxyu@...> wrote:

Oh right, my bad lol.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 10:03 AM Sarah k Alawami <marrie12@...> wrote:

Actually it’s nvda shift  left right not control. Nvda control left right can be used to move you between words of a particular object as far as I’ve found.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jujube
Sent: Saturday, December 4, 2021 9:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA object navigation

Hi Lexi, So as far as object navigation goes, at least in laptop layout, you press NVDA+Contro+left/right arrow to move between objects, and NVDA+Control+up/down arrow to move between groups of objects. Once you've located the object you want to click on, press NVDA+shift+backspace to move the system focus to the object you want to click on. As far as OCR is concerned, that's a different feature entirely. Put your cursor on the image you want to recognize and press NVDA+r. Hope this helps.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 8:52 AM Lexi <alexiscooks836@...> wrote:

Hello everyone, I'm looking to use NVDA's OCR feature more. Can someone please explain to me how to use the NVDA object navigation? I sometimes need to click on things but I can't interact with the text after I OCR it. Thank you all in advance.--

Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi

--

Please be blessed and be safe. Thank you,
Lexi

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.