Re: CTRL + ALT + N not working for me

Gene

Also, typing more than one letter works in standard lists.  The desktop is technically a list but it isn't formatted like one but you can use this in Windows explorer and other standard lists.

Gene

On 12/4/2021 7:59 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Let's not forget that in the current Windows era even having desktop icons is largely unnecessary.

Hitting the Windows Key and starting to type the name of the program or app you're looking for is almost certain to return it as the first item in the results.  It also seems to learn what you often search for over time.

Two or three characters is often more than enough.

I use desktop shortcuts far less than I once did because of how much this function has improved over time.

         ~ Vance Packard