Re: a problem with speech dictionaries again.

Dan Beaver

    OK, I am sure I tried setting the type field to anywhere and testing it but apparently not.  I just did again on a hunch and it works correctly.  However, if I set the type to whole word it does not work.  Seems to me it should work in either case since there are no spaces in the pattern string.

Why would it not work for whole word?

Dan Beaver

On 12/5/2021 4:02 PM, Dan Beaver via groups.io wrote:

I have tried adding a dictionary entry for "[blind-t]" and gave "blind tech" as the replacement string.  I have added this to the default and the voice dictionaries.  NVDA still pronounces "[blind-t]" as though it doesn't see my dictionary entries.

I also set case sensitivity to unchecked and type to anywhere and whole word.

I am running the latest RC and am running Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1348].

Any ideas why NVDA won't recognize that I have a dictionary entry for this?

Thanks.

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)