All I know is that if I use the NVDA key and then press the cursor right key and move through the subject line it shows a space then [blind-t] and then another space.  The remainder of the subject follows and doesn't appear to be truncated or anything.

It appears to me that it is being handled differently as anywhere than it is as whole word.  I have been out of the software programming arena so long I can't say why it is doing this.

Dan Beaver

On 12/5/2021 5:17 PM, Gene wrote:
Something is being truncated.  I see the name of the list, written in full as follows:
[BlindTech]

If you aren’t seeing that, are you seeing the rest of the subject line in full?  I don’t know how to solve the problem you have but there may be another problem.

From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2021 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a problem with speech dictionaries again.

Hi Gene,

I thought about that and did check it and triple checked it.

This occurs in the subject of emails from the blind tech mailing list.  I looked and it is showing up exactly as I typed it.  I checked the case of letters, made sure there weren't spaces in the string and other things.

The other instances of bracketed strings I have entries for are from other mailing lists and they work perfectly but this one does not.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 12/5/2021 4:16 PM, Gene wrote:
where does this text occur?  Can you chec it, or have you, for spelling and punctuation?  There is probably something in the way it is written that differs from how you are writing it.