NVDA not always reading cell contents in MS Excel?

Sally Kiebdaj

Hello all,

Normally, I can press F2 on a cel in MS Excel and NVDA will allow me to read and edit the cell contents. Today, this has stopped working. In a spreadsheet I've been using for a week with no problems, I now cannot hear any cell contents after pressing F2. The contents are there and if I make edits and hit enter I can read my edits.However, this is not sufficient for editing prose.

I'm running:

NVDA 2021.2
Microsoft® Excel® 2019 MSO (16.0.10380.20037) 64-bit
Windows 10 Pro: Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.1348)

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Sally