Re: Strange issue with Win11 (screen refreshing)

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 04:55 AM, Gabriele Battaglia wrote:
And no, it never happened under Win10, it is totally new to me.
-
Any time one is experiencing peculiarities under either Windows 10 or 11, it is well worth doing the following, in order, and only do #2 if #1 doesn't solve the issue:

1. Using DISM (Deployment Imaging Servicing and Management) and SFC (System File Checker) to Repair Windows 8 & 10

2. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

If push really comes to shove, one may have to resort to: Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Fetch the Win10 ISO File
or
Doing a Completely Clean (Re)install of Windows 10 Using Media Creation Tool to Create Bootable Win10 Install Media on a USB Thumb Drive
depending on whether you want to just burn the ISO you already have to bootable media or just want to have the Media Creation Tool create the bootable drive for you.

All of the above applies to Windows 11 as well as Windows 10.  I just have not bothered to go in and update titles, etc., yet.

As an aside that's worth mentioning here, and particularly since it can be more useful and helpful for someone who uses accessibility software, many technicians will do a completely clean reinstall of Windows on a brand new machine as soon as it comes out of the box.  Using the install media from Microsoft gets you the cleanest and most "debloated" instance of Windows that can be had.  It makes the most rock solid starting point without any bloatware that most manufacturers include on computers these days.  I don't do this routinely for sighted clients, but have when I am setting up a brand new machine for someone who cannot see.  If the computer has an SSD as its main system drive a completely clean reinstall is a very quick process, often less than 15 minutes, and I've never had one go to 30 minutes when an SSD is the system drive.

         ~ Vance Packard