Configuration Profiles Limitation (Speech Dictionary)

Thomas N. Chan

Hi all,
I have this particularĀ  thing I want to customize in NVDA.
I want my TTS to read certain things in certain applications when I triggle in configurationĀ profile.
For example, if I am in the putty/command prompt or even reviewing text logs, I want to read, respond or reply as Yes or Y
but when I am in normal webapps like gmail or even readingĀ email in outlook, all these I want them to read as normal reply or respond.
I read the FAQ on github and the following is what it said.
Any changes made to NVDA settings (eg synthesizer, speech rate or punctuation level) are applied to this profile.

What can you all suggest I do in this situation?

I hope all these make sense
Regards,
Thomas N. Chan