Re: NVDA not always reading cell contents in MS Excel?

Louise Pfau

On Mon, Dec 6, 2021 at 04:31 AM, Louis Maher wrote:

This problem comes up periodically.  You can try unchecking the box which says “allow editing directly in cells”.  In Excel 365, do this:

Open an Excel spreadsheet.

Type alt + f. Up arrow to options, hit enter. Down arrow to advanced. Tab until you find the box which says “allow editing directly in cells. Uncheck that

box. Shift + Tab until you reach OK. Hit enter.

I'm glad to know this is happening in newer versions of Excel as well, and I'm not the only one.  Thanks for the specific instructions.  I knew the setting had been mentioned in prior topics (not necessarily on this list), but I don't recall if there were specific instructions on how to find it.  I hope this fixes the problem I'm having with editing too.  The wording for the command sounds counterintuitive, because the box has to be unchecked to allow editing in cells.

Thanks,

Louise