Re: a problem with speech dictionaries again.

Dan Beaver

Well, I really only want them suppressed when they are in the subject of emails.  Sounds dumb I know but I hate having to listen to brackets around things in subject lines because I get so many emails from mailing lists with them.

Dan Beaver

On 12/6/2021 3:33 PM, Gene wrote:
This is an example of why it is important for people to provide details of what they want to do and not just ask how to do something when trying to solve a problem.  The method may not be what the person thinks or there may be a much better one.  You can change punctuation levels sso a specific punctuation mark won’t be spoken at a certain level or so that it will.  For example, if you are using the most level and you don’t want brackets spoken, you can set the level to all.  That will mean that it won’t be spoken at the most level but will when you are using the all level.

I’ll write a description later today if that is indeed what you want, to change the punctuation level for the brackets but leave everything else alone.

From: Dan Beaver
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2021 2:13 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] a problem with speech dictionaries again.

Actually, I am trying to get it not to say the brackets.  If I could get it to do that I would be happy to live with "blind-t".  It does not do this if I select whole word as the type. I just sort of randomly chose blind tech just because they discuss tech for the blind on that list.

Dan Beaver

On 12/6/2021 3:07 PM, Gene wrote:
Your screen-reader is saying blind-t correctly.  You evidently want it to say blindtech.  Of course, you may have it do so but that is a completely different list.

Sender: blind-t@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-t] Another sort of, audible? question

posting 2:

Sender: blind-t@groups.io
Subject: Re: [blind-t] iPhone Status Bar

Dan Beaver

On 12/6/2021 12:32 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Dan,

It would be immensely helpful if you would post two items in relation to this issue:

1. The "From" address of one of the messages that is not being read as you'd like it to be.

2. The full, unaltered, Subject line from the same message.

Post two of each, though the From should be the same, if it's easy enough to do.  This is a problem that's not going to be solved in the abstract and where having concrete, actual examples helps in finding a solution.

         ~ Vance Packard

--
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)